Ants may be tiny, but they can create a big problem in your home. They get into your food, crawl around your countertops and walls and are just plain annoying. Fortunately, getting rid of ants is not as difficult as it may seem. Read on to learn some easy solutions to help you get rid of ants in your home. It’s no secret that ants can be quite a nuisance in your home.
Why Do I Have Ants?
The reason we get ants in our homes is because our houses are not completely sealed properly. Ants have the same basic needs as most any other living beings; food, water and shelter and when there is easy access to any of those things, you could be well on your way to an ant infestation. Here are a few things that can attract ants into your home:
- Leaving food out in the open
- Leaking pipes or other water sources
- High levels of humidity
Although it may be near impossible to find every possible opening in your home, you definitely want to do your best to try to seal as many gaps and cracks as possible.
- Keep kitchen and food storage areas clean and tidy.
- Seal up any cracks or entry points in your home.
- Fix any leaking pipes or faucets.
DIY Ant Control
As mentioned above, finding all the possible entry points can be very hard, that is why creating that pesticide barrier is so important!
- Create a barrier between you and the ants! Spray the perimeter of your home with an insecticide labeled for ants.
- Sprinkle insecticide dusts in areas where ants are known to frequent.
- Re-apply every 30-90 days as needed.
- Understand the causes of ant infestations and how to prevent them
- Learn effective DIY remedies to get rid of ants
- Take action to keep ants away from your home for good
Advion MicroFlow Insect Bait
Fast Free Shipping!
Syngenta continues its line of Advion products with this powerful, highly attractive dry flowable bait! Advion MicroFlow Insect Bait controls ants, cockroaches, crickets and many other pests that hide in hard-to-reach voids, cracks and crevices.
- Attractive bait matrix and flexible label offer outstanding control of ants, cockroaches, crickets, pantry pests and more in residential and commercial spaces, including sensitive food-handling establishments as directed by the label.
- Features the same MetaActive™ effect in all Advion brand products, which activates indoxacarb once ingested by target pests, leaving non-target organisms largely unaffected.
- Varying particle sizes easily adhere to pests’ exoskeletons and can be carried back to nests while foraging, resulting in an increased secondary transfer effect during grooming.
- 8-oz. jar packaging, including measuring scoops, works with many application devices and allows for large-scale baiting.
- Complements gel bait applications.
- 8 oz. Jar with Scoop