What is the deal with all these darn spiders? It seems like they are showing up everywhere in my house. I’ve found them in corners, along door frames, getting comfy and cozy on my baseboards, living the high life in my window sills, in bathrooms, bedrooms, the kitchen, you name it. I’ve found them there. Now before you go on thinking my house is a giant hoard of spiders, let me reassure you that it is not. Because that would be disgusting and I would have moved years ago. Spiders are definitely not on my short list (or long list, for that matter) of friends. Not even close. So finding them in my house does not work for me. Again, not even close.
So, why in the world are they making this grand appearance? It is pretty simple really. Spiders have needs too, and we just so happen to have what they want.
WHAT DO SPIDERS WANT?
Spiders want a comfy temperature that they find desirable. They want shelter that provides that comfy temperature. They want water and food and a place to get their groove on so they can make those spider babies. So, basically, they want exactly what people want. And in those hot summer months, they can find all those things in our homes. Lucky us.
Now, unless you don’t mind sharing your living space with creatures of the eight-legged variety, there are a number of ways to get the spider situation in your house under control. And by “under control” I mean to get rid of them entirely, because who in their right mind would want to live with spiders? No one, that’s who. Except the whackadoos.
HOW TO GET RID OF SPIDERS IN YOUR HOME
Anyhoo – check this out. Here are some things you can do to help in your fight against the arachnids in your home:
- Keep It Clean. And I’m talking P-R-I-S-T-I-N-E. Get rid of all dust and debris, clutter and crapiola that you have in your house. If they don’t have a place to hang their hat, they won’t hang their hat in your place. Are you picking up what I am putting down?
- Make Your Home an Insect-Free Zone. Spiders feast on bugs and insects like mosquitoes and ants. If there is no food source, there’s no way to fill their spider bellies.
- Clear Out the Cobwebs. Unless it is Halloween, this is a no brainer. I mean, we’ve all seen or read Charlotte’s Web, for heaven’s sake. Get rid of the webs before the spiders start leaving you messages in them.
- Keep a Shoe Handy. No explanation needed.
- HowToPest.com No explanation needed here either, but that is not how this bug blogger rolls. Click HERE to find all of our spider insecticides. We’ve got Drione Insecticide Dust, Barricor SP, Essentria IC3 All Natural Insecticide, Onslaught FastCap Spider and Scorpion Insecticide, and a host of other spider removing products. Don’t forget the Cobweb Web Duster Brush Head to get rid of those nasty, sticky cobwebs!
Spiders might be just like us when it comes to basic needs, but one of my basic needs also includes not having spiders in my house. And this is where HowToPest.com comes in and saves the day!